Referral Form and Criteria to refer a client to the program
For More Information:
The Champlain Diabetes Chiropody Program can be reached by calling 613-783-7760 (toll-free:1-888-220-8010), Monday to Friday, between 8:45 a.m and 4:45 p.m.
What is the Champlain Diabetes Chiropody Program?
The Champlain Diabetes Chiropody Program is an amputation prevention program for adults 18 years and over, living with diabetes, having foot ulcers, open wounds and/or ingrown toenail with bacterial infections. The regional program is hosted at Centretown Community Health Centre and provides access to chiropody services to many locations throughout the region. The program has been made available by the Champlain LHIN to improve access and remove barriers to foot care services for high-risk patients living with diabetes in the Champlain region.
Services Offered by our program
- Management of acute and chronic foot conditions including assessment and treatment;
- Nail surgeries for ingrown toenails;
- Evaluation of current footwear;
- Advice on proper footwear;
- Total Contact Casting (TCC) to accelerate healing of wounds. TCC may not be appropriate for all wounds and clients. The Chiropodist will assess to see if they are appropriate for casts.